Re: Coexistance of glib1.2.9 and glib2.1.5

Roger Cooreman <roger_albert cooreman pandora be> writes:

> I installed following softwares under SuSE Linux 8.0 with KDE and put
> them in
> the rpmdb with checkinstall:
> glib-2.1.5
> atk-1.0.3
> pango-1.0.5
> gtk+-2.1.5
> so far so good, everything went fine.
>
> Then gftp and midnight commander didn't work anymore; they gave
> following
> message:
> ikke linux:~> gftp
> /opt/gnome/bin/gftp-gtk: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgmodule-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> Anyone having an idea what I forgot or omitted or did wrong?
> Thanks for any suggestion.

It sounds like the packages you installed were done wrong;
glib-1.2 and glib-2.0 coexist fine, but it looks like when
you installed the new packages they removed the old libraries.

The Red Hat packages, for this reason, are called gtk2, glib2.

Regards,
                                        Owen