How to identify a particular checkbutton ?

Hello all,

I create one GtkWindow using GTK 1.2 in C with a matrix formed by 20 rows x 32 columns = 640 checkbuttons to user to mark to create a "picture" to send to a device attached by serial line,
to make the interface I used glade,
I attached the signal "toggled" to same function (I believe that if I put 640 functions for each check button I will overload my program), and I pass the struct that keep these "bitmap" information, but I don't know how to identify each checkbutton to change the struct to send information to device, I attempt to use gtk_object_get_data but without success;

If someone can help I will been thankful

Best reguards

Flavio Alberto
flavio maqplas com br
www.maqplas.com.br