A big bug of gtk2 ?

Hello, Everybody

    I find perhaps a big bug of gtk2. In any program made by gtk2, the input
widget such as entry/gtktextview can't accept char '<', when you try to input
a '<' in it, a '>' will be displayed!!!!! And in the same system, there's no
problem with QT/KDE program. I tested it on Redhat 7.3/7.3.93 and Madrake
9.0b2, whatever GNome or KDE desktop.
    To confirm it, you can simply open a GEdit program, and try to input '<'.
    I wrote a test program to test it, and found that when press Shift+(key of
<'), the key_pressed signal was received twice, the first returns a keyvalue
of 60, and the second a keyvalue of 62. So there's must something wrong with
gtk2 package.

    Please response me if you get the same result.

    Yours,
    mili