Re: Menu Item drawing an accelerator

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Allen Brown wrote:

> --- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Allen Brown wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I would like to add accelerator text to my menu
>> items,
>> > without actually using a real accelerator i.e I
>> > would like to have: "Cut     Ctl-X" in the menu,
>> but
>> > do not want to define an accelerator.
>>
>> Why would you want to do that?  Something wrong with
>> accelerators?
>>
>> -Lars
>>

> Nothing wrong with accelerators, but I am porting
> existing software, that already intercepts all
> keystrokes and executes commands from a user
> defined table. I could use accelerators but I would
> like to keep my code base as similar as possible
> across all platforms.

Well, if you already intercept all keystrokes and execute the appropriate
functions, then accelerators added the normal way would never get executed
anyway, right?  And if not, then they execute the same command as the menu
items anyway, which presumably is the same as the keystroke would do?

> I also want to satisfy my curiosity!

That's a reasonable reason:)

-Lars