Re: Menu Item drawing an accelerator

--- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Allen Brown wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to add accelerator text to my menu
> items,
> > without actually using a real accelerator i.e I
> > would like to have: "Cut     Ctl-X" in the menu,
> but
> > do not want to define an accelerator.
>
> Why would you want to do that?  Something wrong with
> accelerators?
>
> -Lars

Nothing wrong with accelerators, but I am porting
existing software, that already intercepts all
keystrokes and executes commands from a user
defined table. I could use accelerators but I would
like to keep my code base as similar as possible
across all platforms. I also want to satisfy my
curiosity!
Allen