Re: Sr. GTK Systems Programmer - US - NY - New York

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:00:48AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Mark Mielke <mark mark mielke cc> writes:
> > I do not see this mailing list as a job posting forum. I am commenting
> > on this, because I think I have seen this exact posting 3 or more times
> > already in the last couple of months. If every company posted job openings
> I discussed this with other members of the GTK+ team when the issue
> first came up, and we decided that job postings to this list were, in
> fact, appropriate. (With conventions like putting the location in the
> subject line.)

In that case, I formally retract my complaint. It is enough for me that
the maintainers of the list have considered the situation.

> On the other hand, weekly reposting is almost certainly not
> appropriate. The rate of turnover on subscriptions to this list is
> just not that high.

> I'm not sure what figure we should use... I think once every two
> months is probably OK.

I suggest a request that the subject line include a prefix such as
"JOB:" (or similar) such that they can easily be filtered by those of
us who wish to focus on discussion subjects, and not on issues, or
subjects that are informative, but not applicable to us?

Thank you,
mark

--
mark mielke cc/markm ncf ca/markm nortelnetworks com __________________________