Re: Sr. GTK Systems Programmer - US - NY - New York

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Mark Mielke wrote:

> I do not see this mailing list as a job posting forum. I am commenting
> on this, because I think I have seen this exact posting 3 or more times
> already in the last couple of months. If every company posted job openings
> to this mailing list, it would be very annoying. Therefore, it does not
> make sense that one company would get special treatment by being allowed
> to post, where the postings of others would be frowned upon.

Mark,

  I've no idea what sort of work you do, but here in the upper, left corner
of the country there are a lot of unemployed techies. We encourage job
postings on the local LUG mail list, and I forwarded this one to it, too.

  Unless the postings are explicit spam, I suggest that we all tolerate the
occasional job post regardless of whether or not we might be interested.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard appl-ecosys com
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com