how to export tree branches

Hi Back in gtk-1.2 there was a gtk_ctree_export_to_gnode function if one wants to copy/remove a branch from one ctree and insert it in another/the same ctree.
Does gtk-2.0's GtkTreeModel have something similar?
I've found the gtk_tree_model_foreach function which allows me to call a function to ALL nodes, not the ones ancestors of one particular node.
I think I shouldn't be allowed to use the *_helper function, don't I ?