Re: fork() and progress bar...

In message <3B97FD8C 2020806 redhat com>you write:
>> I've got a situation where I need to load information
>> from a MySQL db and on the screen continuously update
>> a progress bar. What I'd like to do is while the
>
>You should take a look at gthread (a pthread extension for GTK+
>programs).  It allows you to do exactly what you describe.

<ObRant>
gthread provides absolutely no functionality that is not present in
the P.1003 standard. the API is just a renaming or dropping certain
PThreads features).

i do not understand why, when there is a decent, cross-platform API
for threads (P.1003 aka PThreads), people want to wrap that in yet
another decent cross-platform API.
</ObRant>

--p