Re: fork() and progress bar...

I've got a situation where I need to load information
from a MySQL db and on the screen continuously update
a progress bar. What I'd like to do is while the

You should take a look at gthread (a pthread extension for GTK+ programs). It allows you to do exactly what you describe.

--

Michael Lee Yohe (myohe redhat com)
Software Developer, Engineering Services

QUIPd 0.12:
-> The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious
-> encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without
-> understanding.
-> - Justice Louis D. Brandeis