Re: pointer/etc

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Alexey Semenov wrote:

 Hi,
> hi,
>
> > > 2. is there smth. like gtk_editable_copy_clipboard(), but working also
> > > if i select text in other application?
> >
> > Any time you want to deal with selections/clipboard inside only your
> > application, you have to do it yourself. All gtk based clipboard actions
> > use the X clipboard, which will be effected by other applications.
>
>  i tried. gtk_editable_*_clipboard() work only inside my application.

 Do you mean calling gtk_editable_paste_clipboard for say GtkText doesn't
paste anything if something is cut to clipboard in *other* app?

> ps: and another question - how intercept key_press for all windows
> opened in X?

 If you mean for all windows including other apps' ones, see man XGrabKey
 Gnome panel uses it for shortcuts like Meta-R => "run program" prompt.
 And it works fine (in gnome-1.4 only, previous versions had severe problems
which I fixed). See the source (grep gpanel's sources for XGrabKey).

HTH.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad