Re: GtkNotebook Sloppy Focus

Daniel Erat wrote:

 I don't know about that; I though 'motion' events represented
 mouse-drags with buttons held down, not 'mere' random mouse
 movements.
Could be; it's entirely possible I'm wrong. :)  In Galeon's draggable
tabs code, the motion handler is only connected after the notebook
receives a button_down event, so I don't know if it would work
otherwise.

Then I'll go out on a limb and state (!) that you only get motion events with buttons pressed down (i.e., you're only given "drag" events). I'm pretty certain about this - tell all apps. about all mouse movements all the time would be pretty wasteful.

I think enter-notify-event is what you mean, but I don't know if this
will work.  Each tab is probably just a label, which doesn't have its
own window, so I don't think it will receive these signals.

That's the kiddie. IIRC, notebook tabs are actually containers which by default only contain labels (you can put what you like in 'em - images, e.g.), so attaching enter-notify to the tab (== container) should work.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature