Re: speed of gdk rectangles ; X vs Win32

Hi,

Cameron Davidson csiro au writes:

> The comparisons are tabulated on
>  http://www.cat.csiro.au/cmst/staff/cameron/GDK/alltimes.html

I get a "Connection refused" error when trying to get to that URL.

> On a separate, but related topic...
> While looking through the archives I noticed questions (Jan 2000) about why
> anyone
> would want to draw lots of rectangles. I have such code: it is a finite
> difference solver where results are given on a rectangular mesh.
> Displaying results involves filling the screen with lots of abutting
> rectangles.
> As to whether XDrawRectangles should be supported along with XDrawRectangle,
> I have never found a need for the plural version - the added code complexity
> would not be worth it to me.

well, the speedup might make it worth to add some code complexity. It is
much faster to draw a lot of rectangles in one step than to do the rectangle
drawing setup over and over again for each and every rectangle.

Salut, Sven