Re: speed of gdk rectangles ; X vs Win32

> While looking through the archives I noticed questions (Jan 2000) about why
> anyone
> would want to draw lots of rectangles. I have such code: it is a finite
> difference solver where results are given on a rectangular mesh.
> Displaying results involves filling the screen with lots of abutting
> rectangles.

Another way to achieve this ist to copy the rectangles into a single chunk of
data suitable for gdk_draw_rgb_image. This takes place in client memory and
should be fast. Then the function can be used to draw into a pixmap, which is
copied to the window as needed in a gtk_draw_area expose handler.

However, this does not sound like miminal work.

Regards,

Carsten