where did button events' deviceid field go?

I'm starting to update Tim Janik's gerd tool for gtk 1.3.x and am currently
trying to handle changes to the event structs.  In 1.2 _GdkEventButton is
defined as

    struct _GdkEventButton
    {
      GdkEventType type;
      GdkWindow *window;
      gint8 send_event;
      guint32 time;
      gdouble x;
      gdouble y;
      gdouble pressure;
      gdouble xtilt;
      gdouble ytilt;
      guint state;
      guint button;
      GdkInputSource source;
      guint32 deviceid;
      gdouble x_root, y_root;
    };

In 1.3.x it changed to

    struct _GdkEventButton
    {
      GdkEventType type;
      GdkWindow *window;
      gint8 send_event;
      guint32 time;
      gdouble x;
      gdouble y;
      gdouble *axes;
      guint state;
      guint button;
      GdkDevice *device;
      gdouble x_root, y_root;
    };

The pressure, xtilt and ytilt fields got pushed into the GdkDevice struct
(along with a new wheel field) and are extracted using gdk_event_get_axis().
I can't figure out what became of the deviceid field, however.  It seems to
have disappeared without a trace.  Any hints?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
(847)971-7098