GtkText vs GtkTextView

Hi,

	I haven't tried v1.3 of GTK+ yet, but I'm wondering if I should.
What I'm using is a GtkText that's holding a lot of text...like megabytes
of text and I don't mind switching to v1.3, even if it's just a
pre-release of 2.0 .  My program seems to be using a lot of memory and I'm
wondering if, generally speaking, should a GtkTextView use more or less
memory?  If less, about how much?  75%?  50?  any approx. number would be
great.

	I read a bit of the documentation, but as I don't know what
quality of a GtkText that's making it use so much memory, I don't know if
a GtkTextView is an improvement.  Thank you!

Ray