whither gnome_program_init ?

Hi Folks:

I have been hunting for gnome_program_init and can't seem to find
where it has gone.  I am also wondering if it or something like it is
consistently called in all GTK+ programs (not just those that use
gnome-libs) ?

The follow-on to this is that we'd like to export application-name and
version strings to adaptive technologies as part of the Gnome
Accessibility SPI, and it seems that (most, all?) Gnome apps export
these strings in gnome_program_init or a similar function... so what's
the recommended way of obtaining these strings from the library?

Thanks in advance,

Bill
--
Bill Haneman