Compilation under Linux

Hi,
I've been developing under Windows and everything was ok, when I get to
try compilation under Linux things don't work as wee because I don't
know how to work with gtk-config.
On the tutorial they have something like:
gcc -c -Wall helloworld.c -o helloworld 'gtk-config --cflags --libs'

This just won't work, It says error  because --cflags doesn't exist just
like --libs..
Ok, ok, I know I'm being dumb. If I do:
gtk-config --cflags --libs
I receive a good answer and I could paste it to the makefile and I think
everything would work fine but is there a way to insert gtk-config
command into the makefile or the compilation line itself?

Best regards,
--
|  ICQ # 361853  |  http://www.pdestroy.net | pdestroy netcabo pt |