How to plot signals on a canvas...

I need to develop a simulation program.  It has to show some signals and
Forier transforms.  For computing fft  I thougth  to use the  library of
octave. The problem I  have is that when I calculate a  fft I don't have
got a whole transform but only some points.

When  I use  gnuplot to  draw the  transform I  haven't got  any problem
because it interpoles all the points in a line. But how can I do it with
a canvas? Do you know if there's a method of the canvas or a library for
interpoling the points? Or is there a better widget for my goal?

Thank you

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.