Re: Newbie text widget question

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> If it's just some fixed-size text with no scrollbars, I would think a
> label is fine. You may want to set justification to GTK_JUSTIFY_LEFT
> to make it look nice.

If you want a more text-widget-like look, you could also e.g. put the
label in a frame with shadow type GTK_SHADOW_IN. You could also put
the label in an event box and set a white background on the event box
to get a white background. Or you could put the white event box in the
frame to get a combination of both.

Havoc