Re: Motif to GTK+

John Cupitt wrote:

> Ignacio Nodal wrote:
> > Hi, this question is for anyone who knows Motif & GTK+.
> > In Motif I've something like this to attache widgets relative to other
> > ones:
>
> Hi Ignacio, there's no equivalent of the XmForm widget in GTK.
>
> You can get quite close with a big table: when you add widgets to a
> table, you can specify which lines you want the widget edges to attach
> to, and how you want your widget to size within that area.
>
> Expect to have to do a lot of rewriting for Motif->GTK :-( On the
> upside, the widget set is much better, and about 10 times faster (in my
> experience).
>
> HTH, John
> --
> John Cupitt, john cupitt ng-london org uk, +44 (0)20 7747 2570
> VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN

So, you mean there's absolutely no way to attache a widget relative to
other ones??

Ufff, these are very bad news for me... I was trying to rewrite a Motif
program not touching the head files...
If a use the table approximation I will have to pass the position in the
table instead of the widgets it has around... something like this:

void Class::Attache( Widget top, Widget left, Widget bottom, Widget
right) <--- Motif
void Class::Attache( gint top, gint left, gint bottom, gint right)   <--
GTK+

This would not be possible to adjust with a #define

No other way to make it?? :((((

Ignacio Nodal