Re: Need help debugging Gdk-ERROR

"J. Ali Harlow" wrote:

(snip)
> How many places are you calling gdk_draw_points() from in your
> code anyway?

Never.

Well, never directly.  I'm using gtkplot from the gtkextra package.

To date, while I've described my problem on that mailing list, I've
never had enough data to make a useful bug report, or even to
definitively say that the error is in that code.  The crash only happens
when I'm plotting, but there are other widgets and manipulations that I
do when plotting.

I've tried to look into the gtkplot code, but it is, shall we say,
"sparsely" commented.

Is gdk_draw_points() the ONLY gdk call that could produce a PolyPoint
request?  If so, I can start looking through the 5 or 6 gtk_plot...()
calls that I make when refreshing, and try to find a gdk_draw_points()
that is shortly after an allocation or recreation.

[Brief research]
I would guess not, as gtkextra never uses gdk_draw_points, although it
does use gdk_draw_point.  For that matter, only in gtkcurve.c does GTK
call gdk_draw_points().  For the most part, both use gdk_draw_point()
instead.  I wonder if XFillPolygon() would cause a request code
PolyPoint?

One new data point, it does not seem to happen when using the Solaris
Xserver.  I have't done enough tests to establish "never" for a fact,
but it is "less" prone to the problem than when using the eXodus Xserver
on NT.  I wonder if my Xserver is non-conforming, or if the Solaris one
is just more robust/careful/prompt in allocating.

Eric