forcing a window to the front?

I have dialogs that are modal which means none of
my GUI works until they are closed. If someone happens
to cover the dialog up though, it makes the user
think as if the GUI has just stopped responding. I
would like to make it so when the window is hidden,
it pops back up to the front. How could I go about
doing this? I tried using the focus-out-event and
gtk_widget_grab_focus(), but that doesn't prevent
the hiding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy