gtk_signal_connect order

I've got some problems to understand in which order the signals are
connected to an object. Reading the tutorial I understood that if an
event have several callbacks they would be executed in the order they
where connected.

I mean.. I've got a class and the contructor of this class includes
these lines:

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(_pwindow), "delete_event",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_destroy), NULL);

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (_pwindow), "destroy",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_destroy), NULL);

In my main.cpp i've got this other lines:

 NewParamWindow = new ParamWindow(widget);

gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(NewParamWindow->GetWidget()),"delete_event",
		     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(local_delete),NULL);
  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(NewParamWindow->GetWidget()),"destroy",
		     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(local_delete),NULL);

If a destroy event happens.. isn't it suppose to be the
gtk_widget_destroy callback to be executed first?
It was connected first by the constructor in the "NewParamWindow = new
ParamWindow(widget);" line, wasn't it?

The fact is i really want to execute first my local_delete callback, as
it does, but i don't understand why it's working.

Ignacio Nodal
Escuela Universitaria de Informatica - ULPGC
Las Palmas de G.C - SPAIN