Re: Memprof equivalent?

I know memory tracers of this style have gone out of
vogue, but i've had a big set of debugging macros which,
for every function in glib1.2 which allocates memory,
provides an alternative which tracks the allocations in a
hashtable.  Likewise for destroy functions, g_free, etc.
most allocations remap to variants that include the
line/file of the occurence.

Finally it provides a function to dump all the allocations.

Of course, it usually compiles to nothing unless you #define GSK_DEBUG
or -DGSK_DEBUG on the command line...

It's not exactly purify ;), but i find between it and electric fence,
i get very few memory problems...

ymmv,
dave

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gsk/src/gskdebug.h?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=gsk