Re: How to keep (force) window focus?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "David J. Topper" <topper virginia edu> writes:
> >
> > I mean a window, they are GtkWindows, not popups.  I'm using them to get
> > parameters for items created on the fly (eg., length, width, height) and
> > I don't want the "windows" to drop in back when I accidentally move the
> > mouse off them.
> >

> I don't understand why they're moving to the back - is your window
> manager using focus-follows-mouse and raise-on-focus?

Exactly right.  This is a problem in other applications too.  But I've seen
some get around it (eg., KDEs desktop background color selector).  It at
least won't drop behind the calling application.  Something like that would
be fine ... but I'm not sure how to do it.

Maybe a callback for the window in question ... to check if it's raised or
lowered ... or of that status has changed?  Then just always raise it?

I'm guessing here.

DT

--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html