Re: How to keep (force) window focus?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "David J. Topper" <topper virginia edu> writes:
> >
> > Is there a way for me to force a window to remain in focus?  I've got
> > some popup windows on a canvas, that of course drop to back when focus
> > moves off them.  I'm looking for an easy way to force them to remain on
> > top.
> >

> By "popup" do you mean a dialog or a menu or a tooltip type of thing?
> Are they toplevel GtkWindows? Are they GTK_WINDOW_POPUP?
>
> Do you actually want keyboard focus on these, or do you just mean you
> want them to remain on top? (You mean on top of another window, or on
> top of the other widgets in a canvas?)

I mean a window, they are GtkWindows, not popups.  I'm using them to get
parameters for items created on the fly (eg., length, width, height) and
I don't want the "windows" to drop in back when I accidentally move the
mouse off them.

Thanks,

DT
--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~djt7p