Re: Delta between GTK+ and Gnome

On 19 Jun 2001 12:03:44 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Markus Kühni <markus kuehni trilab ch> writes:
> >
> > If I just use GTK+ instead of GTK+ plus Gnome, what am I missing?
> >

> For GTK 1.2, you are missing GnomeCanvas, GnomeDialog, stock icons.
> Also unless you use gdk-pixbuf you're missing image loading.

Side-note: I thought gdk-pixbuf depends on Gnome so you're missing it
anyway?

> Those are the things I would personally consider interesting, other
> people will post more opinions no doubt. ;-)

Uniform style. The fact that every "New document" button in a toolbar
looks the same in each and every app, and the same for "save", "load",
"cut", "copy" and so on.
That's what makes Gnome so attractive imho, most users (if not all)
really appreciate having a uniform style throughout the whole graphical
interface they use.

Regards,

Ronald

--
-   .-.
-   /V\   | Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>