Re: Help with popup/popdown with pointer grab.

<Dave 0Bits COM> writes:

> However even putting gdk_flush()'es before the grab
> doesn't solve the  problem. What is the solution then ?
> How can i wait till window is mapped ?

A flush doesn't help - that ensures your show request has gone to the
server, but not that the window manager has processed it and actually
mapped the window.

If it's a toplevel window, I believe you may get a map_event signal on
it when it's actually mapped. Note that then you have a race condition
if you depend on the grab existing, because it won't exist for a brief
moment after you map... but I don't think you can do anything about
that.

One possibility is to have a GtkInvisible offscreen which you use for
grabs that's never unmapped. Depending on what you're doing that may
or may not work.

Havoc