Re: (gtk_pixmap_new): assertion `val != NULL' failed

Helmethead wrote:

> With exactly one change, change the function declarations from
>
> ParameterKernel::ReadPixmap (gchar **pixstring, GdkPixmap* pix)
> ParameterKernel::ReadPixmap (gchar **pixstring, GdkPixmap*& pix)
>
> and it will automagically set the variable you pass in properly. C++ references are pretty cute.

Ok, thanks a lot.. all seems to work fine now.

I've learned a lot about pointers, hehehe
It works fine using

 ParameterKernel::ReadPixmap (gchar **pixstring, GdkPixmap*& pix) //the
C++ way

and also using

 ParameterKernel::ReadPixmap (gchar **pixstring, GdkPixmap** pix) //the
C way

with some little internal changes, of course ;)

Thanks for being so patient, I know this was basic pointers UNknowledge
:))

Ignacio Nodal