Installing gtk without root access

Hi all,

	A few weeks ago, someone posted a message about having problems
installing GTK without root access.  I'm having problems with it now, but
before I go digging through the scripts, can someone confirm to me whether
or not it is possible to install GTK without root access?  Unfortunately,
our system administrator is overloaded with work (as most sysadmins are :)
), so I would like to try to install it myself.

	The person who posted that message got a lot of helpful advice but
no one said that it was not possible to install GTK without root
permission, so can I presume it is possible?

	BTW, I'm talking about the current version of GTK v1.3 (v1.2.9 is
already installed) and I guess I would need to install it and any required
components such as GDK.  Thanks!

Ray