Re: Managing focus through a GtkSocket - anyone??

Neil Bird <neil fnxweb com> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
> > You dont' say what version of GTK+ you are using. There were
> > various changes here in 1.2.9 and 1.2.10. You might want to
> > try 1.2.10 with the following patch applied that fixes
> > a remaining issue.
>
>   Nope, that doesn't do the trick [1.2.10 + patch].
>

>   I've managed to seemingly pin it down to this: GtkPlug doesn't
> support focus_in_event or focus_out_event.
>
>   I guess that kind of makes sense if it's connected to a
> socket, but as far as the plugin app. is concerned, the GtkPlug
> is 'actually' a GtkWindow, and so it expects it to work.
>
>   How can I get the GtkWindow ID of the /real/ window (whose XID
> is 'socketid' passed to the plugin), and will that even work?

Could you provide some more examples of:

 - What are trying to do
 - What happens
 - What you expect to happen.

Focusing with Plug/Socket is supposed to work identically
as without plug/socket. And to my knowledge this is
the case for 1.2.10 + patch. (Other versions might show
various small defects, but will mostly work like this.)

What if you try programs like the GNOME control center -
does focusing work there for you?

Regards,
                                        Owen