Re: efficient use of canvas lines

> Unfortunately, that isn't really an acceptable solution for high-quality,
> high-resolution printouts (Like maps).  Imagine the pixelization of taking
> a small screenshot and simply scaling it to a large sheet of paper (ie One
> size of your desk).  When you have to print this kind of stuff, you can't
> simply use the pixels on the screen - You have to re-render the data (Which
> is why I had hoped that the internals of GDK could be rerouted to some form
> of Postscript output).
> Oh well, looks like we'll have to make do with what we're doing (for now?)

Can't you create the image data in some intermediate form that keeps the
vector data (like SVG, libart, etc.), then either render it to a
gdk_pixbuf for displaying or postscript for printing. Hmm, come to think
of it, that's probably what you _are_ doing.

But I thought gnome-print was supposed to make this all simple and stuff
by providing ONE api for both. - So you just create the vector image
data, and gnome-print and family take care of displaying it, and when
you say "print it" it re-renders the image appropriately for printing.

Maybe I'm getting over myself. ;-) Can someone clarify please?

    = Loban