Re: g_strdup symbol conflict
- From: Andrei Zmievski <andrei ispi net>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-list gnome org, nalin redhat com
- Subject: Re: g_strdup symbol conflict
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:58:30 -0500
On Fri, 06 Jul 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
> While I have no real measurements, my guess is that GLib is vastly
> more commonly used than libgssapi_krb5. And g_strdup() is one of the
> most commonly used GLib functions.
> Changing the name of g_strdup() from GLib is not really an option --
> I wouldn't be suprised however, if its not part of the gssapi
> public interface and could safely be renamed there.
> (Evidence for this is provided by the fact that there is no reference
> to g_strdup in any of the header files installed in
> [ CC'ed Nalin Dahyabhai on this mail since he maintains our Kerberos
> packages and may have run into or have some idea about this problem ]
I've also emailed one of the kerberos people about this issue right
away, but haven't heard anything back yet.
* Ethernet n.: something used to catch the etherbunny. *
] [Thread Prev