Re: GtkWidget allocation/requisition width/height broken?

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> They're in pixels. However widget->allocation is only filled in when
> the widget actually goes through the request/allocate process, it
> isn't magically kept up-to-date at all times.

It would seem to make sense to have this happen when gtk_widget_show() is
called, no?  I am doing that, but still getting incorrect values.

> Look at how containers work, you need to emulate that. (If you're
> using GnomeCanvasWidget in principle it does this. But note that the
> request/allocate is normally done in an idle handler for efficiency.)

Ok, but I am also trying to grab size from containers (eg., frames) and
they have incorrect data as well.

DT
--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html