Re: GTK+ API reference in source distribution?

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 08:29:48PM -0800, Eric Monsler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to locate the source files for the API reference on the
> gtk.org website.  Are they in the source distribution somewhere?
>
> And, you might ask "Why?"
>
> I was considering modifying the documentation for
> gtk_file_selection_get_filename to explicitly mention that the pointer
> returned is to memory g_free'd when the file selector widget is
> destroyed.  This is because the returned pointer is from
> gtk_entry_get_text(), the documentation for which clearly states
> "don't".
>
> In fact, the exact same sentence:
> "The returned pointer points to internally allocated storage in the
> widget and must not be freed, modified or stored."
> would work fine in the gtk_file_selection_get_filename documentation.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Eric Monsler
>
> (Darn, there goes my easy chance to say "yeah, I contributed to the GTK+
> sources...")

Despair not, you can always contribute a couple of one line patches like me!
There are sgml sources in docs/reference/gtk in the source distribution, yes.
An sgml and a tmpl directory apparently. I don't have a clue what they do but I'm pretty sure they are the sources