clist: avoiding overhead with multiple selections

Hi all,

I have a clist widget that causes a relatively costly operation for
displaying information to be performed whenever I select a row, via the
select_row signal. While this works great for single selections, the
problem is that when I select a lot of rows using shift-click,
select_row signals are sent for all those rows, slowing down things a
lot, although the calculation would only need to be done for the last
row I selected.

What's the correct way to queue/disable/lookahead/whatever signals so
that I know when not to process them when more are coming up anyway?
I've played with the end_selection signal, but I see that before all the
other row_selected signals are sent. What I'd need is a mechanism that
tells me when the last select_row signal generated by some event has
been sent.

Thanks for any hints,
-- Christian.
                   International Computer Science Institute, ACIRI Group
                                               mailto:kreibich aciri org