Re: odd question...

winterlion <winterlion fsj net> writes:
> Is there any looking into upgrading the <CVS>/gtk+/examples directory to
> actually support gtk-2.0? :)

I think we'll probably be moving to using demos/gtk-demo instead and
getting rid of examples. Though, examples is part of the GTK tutorial,
so may get updated with the tutorial. Anyway, demos/gtk-demo is the
thing the GTK team is planning to do, if examples gets updated the
tutorial guys will probably be doing that work.

> (SOO much has changed...)

Really, not that much has changed. ;-) Look at docs/Changes-2.0.txt
for some useful notes on changes. Mostly though it's additions rather
than changes.

> actually the biggest problem so far has been to 'configure' scripts that
> expect gtk-config and family to work.  The trouble is I have -no- idea how
> to fix these problems....

Replace "gtk-config --libs" with "pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0"

> And note that a good portion of the rest of the gnome CVS has problems
> with this too (gnome-libs being a good example last I checked :)

That's why they call it the unstable branch ;-)

Havoc