How do I increase the scroll-repeat delay?

When I click in the trough of a scrollbar, I get an initial jump of the
thumb, then a brief pause, then the thumb starts to scroll repeatedly.

The problem for me is that that pause is too short and, unless I
concentrate on my click, which I shouldn't have to do, I always end up with
multiple pagings per mouse click. This makes the GTK scrollbars all but
unusable for me.

Is there a way, as a use, to configure a longer delay before the
scroll-repeat kicks in?

Thanx.

  - deane                          Gooroos Software: Plugging you into Maya

                          Visit http://www.gooroos.com for more information