Re: Customizing GC's in a GtkEntry ?

As for the color of the text in GtkEntry, GtkText, GtkLadel etc., try this
code:

// ********************************************
GdkColor red = { 0, 65535, 0, 0 };         // Choose any color by altering
the params
 GtkRcStyle *rc_style = gtk_rc_style_new ();
rc_style->fg[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] = red;
rc_style->color_flags[GTK_STATE_NORMAL] |= GTK_RC_FG;
gtk_widget_modify_style (widget, rc_style);     // widget here is your
GtkEntry widget
gtk_rc_style_unref (rc_style);

Since GtkEntry does not draw its own background, it is not possible yet to
change the backgroung color. This code was suggested by Damon Chaplin,
author of Glade. I'd suggest better read the Glade FAQ as well.

Good luck,
Ishan Chattopadhyaya