Re: ANNOUNCE: gtkentrymask - gtkentry with masks and types
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Santiago Capel <bluefish ono com>
- Cc: gtk-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: gtkentrymask - gtkentry with masks and types
- Date: 16 Dec 2001 17:52:05 -0500
All good points - I put a link to your mail in the bug report:
that way we can find this thread again when someone starts to
implement this feature.
Another thought - if you've seen Windows XP, it sometimes corrects
invalid entry contents by popping up a little tooltip-like help
balloon, instead of a dialog. The validation callback could perhaps
provide an error message, and optionally the position of the error in
the current entry contents, and the help balloon will come up pointing
out the error. This is nicer than a dialog since it shows the user
exactly where the error is.
Just a thought though, I haven't looked at all the discussion and
prior art APIs.
] [Thread Prev