entry widget

Im a bit new a this, and have a question about a custom widget.
Does anyone know of any entry widgets available that provide static
place holders. For example, I want to make some entry fields with phone
numbers, ip addresses, decimals (money)....
So for phone number I would want "(   )   -       " in the box and have
it not be editable.  So when the user starts typing the text just goes
in left to right without disturbing the quotes or dashes.
Before I go off writing some custom widgets I thought I would ask if
anyone knew of any available.

Thanks.
Jared.