Hello there

Hello there, its my first post to this mailing list.

I am a M$ Windows programmer willing to port my project to Linux using
GTK+ . I 've been using Glade , which creates the GTK+ routines for me
till now.

I still have some problems with some Windows however , but the main
problem is this : I know e.g. how to create a dialog box ( Glade created
the code and I studied it ).

But , my application needs to get critical information from the dialog ,
for example , a 'save to file' dialog in a routine must return a file
name and the application cannot continue if it doesn't know the file .
In other words , I need 'modal windows' , i.e. windows that the function
that creates them won't return until the user has pressed the X or a
button that explicitly destroys the window .

Any tips ?

Thanks a lot
Michael
http://www.turboirc.com