GTK 1.2 Tree Item Signal

The everybuddy application uses GTK 1.2.  We have noticed that right (3rd
button) clicking on a line within a tree collapses that element, thus
hiding that lines children.  By 'on a line', I do not mean just the '[+]'
box, I mean, any _content_ of the line as well.

I am only aware/able to find one user signal function.  Someone submitted
a fix for this which was using gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name on the Widget
this function was called on and "button_press_event".

Is this right-click to collapse a feature of the Tree?  If so, is there a
way properly disable this?  We use right-clicks for popup menus and it is
bizarre to have both the item collapse its children AND the menu to pop
up.

Thanks,

Jon Smith