Posting in other languages

Bart Kuik <kuik rendo dekooi nl> writes:

> On 07 Apr 2001 14:39:59 -0400, Francisco Graff wrote:
> >
> > NESESITO INFORMACIO DE COMO CREAR SOTFWARE DE JUEGOS.
> >

> > GRACIAS   ESPERARE LA RESPUESTA
>

> 1) This is an international mailinglist, The only language you can
> expect to be understood by all of its readers is english

I actually think its OK if people post here in languages other than
English. Use of GTK+ should not be restricted to English-speaking
developers and there may well be people on here who can provide
help. People can just ignore messages they don't understand.

Not to say that an English-language message won't get a much wider
audience; however, gtk-list is meant to be a very inclusive forum
and if there isn't a language-specific list for a particular
language and GTK+, I don't want to chase people away from gtk-list.

It just occurred to me that we should have information about mailing
lists in other languages on www.gtk.org. I know there is at least a
Japanese-language mailing list about GTK+. Any others?

Regards,
                                        Owen