Re: Posting in other languages

On 17 Apr 2001 10:02:35 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Bart Kuik <kuik rendo dekooi nl> writes:
>
> > On 07 Apr 2001 14:39:59 -0400, Francisco Graff wrote:
> > >
> > > NESESITO INFORMACIO DE COMO CREAR SOTFWARE DE JUEGOS.
> > >

> > > GRACIAS   ESPERARE LA RESPUESTA
> >

> > 1) This is an international mailinglist, The only language you can
> > expect to be understood by all of its readers is english
>
> I actually think its OK if people post here in languages other than
> English. Use of GTK+ should not be restricted to English-speaking
> developers and there may well be people on here who can provide
> help. People can just ignore messages they don't understand.
>
> Not to say that an English-language message won't get a much wider
> audience; however, gtk-list is meant to be a very inclusive forum
> and if there isn't a language-specific list for a particular
> language and GTK+, I don't want to chase people away from gtk-list.
>
> It just occurred to me that we should have information about mailing
> lists in other languages on www.gtk.org. I know there is at least a
> Japanese-language mailing list about GTK+. Any others?

yes, there is a Spanish one about GNOME (and, of course, about GTK). The address

to subscribe is at
http://www.es.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-desarrollo

I've lost the first message of this thread (the guy writing in Spanish),
so this is to that guy, if he's still around:

"Para hablar de GTK/GNOME en castellano, apúntate a la lista de
gnome-desarrollo, en
http://www.es.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-desarrollo";

saludos

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/