Re: "cannot load module ... couldn't open libtool archive

    >> Cannot load module /usr/local/lib/pango/modules/pango-basic-x.so:
    >> couldn't open libtool archive

    Paul> [strace] normally provides a huge clue.

Ah!  Thanks, I often forget about strace.  The application is trying to open

    /usr/local/lib/pango/modules/pango-basic-x.so.la

which doesn't exist (obviously).  My guess is that it should be trying to
open

    /usr/local/lib/pango/modules/pango-basic-x.la

instead.  So, the question is, whose bug is this?  Mine, Python's, pango's,
pygtk's or someone else's?

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
(847)971-7098