Re: Maximize a window?

Ottavio Campana wrote:

> How can I expand a window to cover the whole screen?

I couldn't find a GTK+ native way of determining the screen
size, so unless someone else knows better here's how I would
do it. Basically, I use raw Xlib calls to get the size of
the default screen, and later on I set the size of the
toplevel GTK+ widget with gtk_widget_set_usize().

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <X11/Xlib.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
  Display *display;
  int def_screen;
  char *display_name = NULL, *progname;
  unsigned int width, height;

  progname = argv[0];

  if(!(display = XOpenDisplay(display_name))) {
    fprintf(stderr, "%s: cannot connect to X server %s\n",
      progname, XDisplayName(display_name));
    return 1;
  }

  def_screen = DefaultScreen(display);

  width = DisplayWidth(display, def_screen);
  height = DisplayHeight(display, def_screen);

  printf("width : %u\nheight : %u\n", width, height);

  XCloseDisplay(display);

  /* intitialise GTK+ and create toplevel window */

  gtk_widget_set_usize(toplevel, width, height);

  return 0;
}

--
lukewarm juices with no excuses