GTK Configure problem....

Sorry I meant gtk.  I run ./configure and this is what I get:

checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding GLIB or finding the wrong
*** version of GLIB. If it is not finding GLIB, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to
point
*** to the installed location  Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if
that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it,
although
*** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
***
*** If you have a RedHat 5.0 system, you should remove the GTK package
that
*** came with the system with the command
***
***    rpm --erase --nodeps gtk gtk-devel
configure: error:
*** GLIB 1.2.8 or better is required. The latest version of GLIB
*** is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

    I am running glib 1.2.8

# glib-config --version
1.2.8

    What am I doing wrong?