RE: installing 2.8

Which method did you use to install glib/gtk: LD_LIBRARY_PATH or glib-config
modification?  Either way it sounds like your application doesn't know where to
find the gtk libraries.  A quick check to verify this might be to temporarily
prepend the directory path of libgtk-1.2.so.0 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then try to
run your application again.  Another possiblity might be to use the -R<path to
libgtk-1.2.so.0> option when compiling your application per Drazen Kacar's
previous email in this thread.  The -R option is something I don't have any
experience with, but it sounds like it's a more better solution.

				-- Stupid Genius